Each year during the winter months, you can visit the annual Amsterdam Light Festival. This wonderful festival illuminates the center of Amsterdam, with some great light artworks on the canals. The best way to experience this festival is to see this from the water. Therefore a Light Festival Amsterdam Cruise is an absolute must to do.
– NOTE –
Since the Amsterdam light festival is only held in the winter months, it is currently not possible to join one of these boat tours.
1. Amsterdam Light Festival Cruise
This canal cruise will pass all 38 artworks of the Amsterdam Light Festival. Each year the organization of this festival selects only the best works. This selection is a tough job. The organization receives annually over 350 submissions, from more than 40 countries. Because of this strict selection, you will only see the world’s finest artworks.
You should definitely experience this Amsterdam Light Festival Cruise. You will have the best first row seats on a warm and comfortable boat. Above that these seats have the best view. This cruise will absolutely be an unforgettable experience.
2. General Information
– Adult ticket € 19,00 (buy here)
– Kids (4-13) ticket € 9,50 (buy here)
– The cruise will take approximately 75 minutes.
– Daily between 17.00 and 21.30
– Approximately every 30 minutes
– Close to Prins Hendrikkade 25. This is at the opposite of Amsterdam Central Station
– There is an audio guide available in Dutch and English only.
– It is advised to use the parking at P1 Central Station. This is close to the boarding peer at Prins Hendrikkade. It has place for over 500 vehicles and runs 24/7.
– Reservation for this canal cruise is required.
– Don’t forget to print out your tickets first, before boarding the boat.
– You need to be present at least 20 minutes before departure.